In preparation for the Facebook page I have been delving into my recipe archives so there are some resources on hand first up.
Over the years I have created hundreds of recipes that have been adapted from gluten, dairy and sugar containing recipes. A lot of the same recipes circulate from chef to chef and blog to blog with people adding their own twist. Having to watch garlic and onion has been the biggest test as is adapting smoothie and juice recipes that are friendly and tasty.
Over the next week I will be adding some recipes to the blog that will feature in the upcoming e-book release.
First up and a Family Favourite in our house is my take on the classic lasagne.
The Family Favourite Lasagne
- 500 g Grass Fed Beef Mince or Turkey Mince or Chicken Mince
- 7 Tomatoes chopped or we used our homegrown cherry tomatoes (pictured)
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste, no salt added
- 1 cup onion, chopped (opt out if you are watching FODMAPS)
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp oregano fresh or dried
- 1 zucchini, sliced thinly
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Eggplant, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (opt out if avoiding FODMAPS)
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Brown mince of choice.
- Add in garlic, onion and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and chopped tomatoes
- Add in parsley, basil, oregano, salt and pepper, continue to stir.
- Bring sauce to a light boil, remove from heat.
- Grease a large baking dish with coconut oil.
- Place a thin layer (1/2 inch) of the sauce in the baking dish.
- Layer zucchini, eggplant and mushrooms over sauce, and repeat, alternating layering of sauce, then zucchini, eggplant and mushrooms.
- Bake lasagne at 180°C for 15 minutes, covered with foil.
- After 15 minutes, remove foil, increase temperature to 350°F, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Cut cauliflower florets and blitz in food processor.
- Add to pan with 1 cup of Chicken bone broth and simmer until a thick soup forms. puree
- Use this as a ‘cheese’ layer