Obviously I have an orange tree. I love to cook seasonally and I think it is important that we eat seasonally too. Oranges always remind me of winter. Half time in a game of netball, football or soccer. So juicy, packed with vitamin C for iron absorption and great juiced and in smoothies. I try to use the whole orange as much as possible as the fibre content is high in the pulp and zest. The Raw Orange Bites are a great pick-me up and will help keep you regular too.
I also love buckwheat. The smell, the taste, the texture and the health benefits. This recipe also includes coconut flour (a great gluten free alternative). I ran out of ground buckwheat flour so you could try this recipe with just buckwheat to avoid coconut.
Orange and Carrot Loafnutfree, grainfree, dairyfree, low fodmap
PREPARATION TIME TOTAL TIME 20 MINUTES 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
2 Large Carrots grated
1/2 Cup 100% Pure Maple Syrup
Juice of 1 Orange
3/4 Cup Buckwheat Flour
1/4 Coconut Flour
1 tsp. gluten free baking powder
1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp. Coconut oil
Juice of 1-2 Oranges
Zest of 1/2 Orange
1. Mix carrots, Maple Syrup and Orange Juice- leave to soak for minimum 3 hours (overnight is best)
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
3. Add Carrot Mix, Juice, Zest and Coconut Oil
4. Pour into lined loaf tin
5. *optional Top with pumpkin seeds and buckinis
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes (check with skewer to see if it comes out clean)
7. Leave to cool in tin for 30 minutes before slicing.