To be honest I never believed in just putting a piece of meat in the slow cooker and leaving it for 8 hours and trusting that it would be cooked and delicious come dinner time. Well after hearing a lot of people doing it I thought, what the hell lets give it a go with a Lamb.
Slow Cooker Roast Lamb
1.5kg of Lamb Shoulder or Leg
3 sprigs of rosemary
2 cloves of garlic smashed (optional)
bunch of oregano
1 tsp salt
1. Set slow cooker up
2. Add herbs (and garlic) to bottom
3. Place lamb on top, season with salt
4. Turn on slow cooker and leave (literally)
At the end of time (sounds so dramatic) the slow cooking will create pan juices and your meat will be cooked. WOW WOW WOW!
Take out, rest for 10 minutes and slice and eat or CREATE a meal……..
Greek Lamb Gyro’s/ Souvlaki/ Kebab
1. Take Lamb and shred thinly as possible
2. Mix batches with Olive Oil and Mint (or a mint pesto of 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, bunch mint, 2 Tbsp Olive Oil.
3. Add to grainfree flatbread with grainfree tabbouleh and coconut kefir or yoghurt tzatziki
Twice Cooked Lamb Ragu
1. Add left over lamb back to slowcooker (with the pan juices so keep these in a bowl)
1 Carrot sliced
1 Zucchini sliced
1/2 Cup chopped mushrooms
300ml bone broth or water
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
A few sprigs of oregano and parsley
3. Set to cook at desired level
Serve with mash sweet potato or steamed vegetables.
It is really possible to be organised in an unorganised week. Two things to always remember when eating a real wholefoods nutritious diet:
1. Always cook enough for leftovers (vegetables, meats, fats)
2. Think about three ways you can use one meat or vegetable (if it fits into three, it’s a fridge staple)