Meal planning for a week away has kept me occupied preparing meals. Pretty sure (as usual) I’ve over catered but I’d rather have more than not enough in unknown territory and spend an hour finding something that’s got no onion, garlic, dairy, grain, fructans, fructose blah blah blah. You get me drift?!
I cleaned out the fridge for the week and created a few staples.
Green Eggs and Ham Frittata
12 Pasture Raised Organic Eggs (beaten until light and fluff)
6 Whole Rash Bacon
2 Cups fresh Baby Spinach
salt and pepper to season
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1. Beat eggs
2. Place spinach in a lined lasagna dish (Lined with it all covered is the important bit as you want to be able to remove the whole thing to slice and not end up with egg stuck everywhere)
3. season with salt and pepper
4. Lay Whole Bacon Rashes on top (depending on size you may overlap)
5. Pour Eggs over top
6. Give the dish a light shake (the bacon will rise, that’s ok)
7. Pop in Oven for 30 Minutes (or until the eggs bounce back when you press in the centre.
8. Leave to cool completely, take out then slice in portions or keep whole
Feel free to add more vegetables too, this was just me clearing out the end of the weeks supplies. I would serve this with more vegetables on the side or a salad or a meat or fish portion. Also makes a great lunchbox filler for the kids.