Bananas seem to be everywhere in my house. My organic supplier has a new variety and I swear by day two they are twice the size. We love them though, especially when they go brown as they are better for our sensitive digestive system.
I had some ‘damaged goods’ so to speak (I dropped a large squash on a few ha) so it was to the mood board for some banana inspired recipes. Every recipe called for dates, sweetener, almond flour, tapioca, walnuts etc; we wanted a clean version as really come on a banana is sweet enough!
This is what we ended up with. ….
A little flatter than normal and a little dense as I did forget to put the baking powder in until it was in the loaf tin so I mixed it around in tin…whoops. It also was hard to know when it was cooked (as with all coconut recipes I find). Let me know how yours turns out.
Banana Breadgrain free ,nut free, sugar free, dairy free, low FODMAP
preheat oven to 200c, line a loaf tin with baking paper
PREPARATION TIME TOTAL TIME 10 MINUTES 1 HOUR
3 Large Extra Ripe Bananas
1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Tahini
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Vanilla
1. Add bananas to food process and whizz on high until a smooth paste.
2. Add Cinnamon and Tahini and whizz again until combined (the mix will turn brown)
3. Add Eggs and Oil while the food processor is going along with vanilla
4. Add Flour and Baking Powder last of all
5. Pour into a lined loaf tin
6. Bake at 200c for 50mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean in the centre.
Cool slightly before slicing.
Slather with Butter and Enjoy.
Portion and freeze if it doesn’t get eaten in the first hour.