Taken from Pete Evans and adapted to our requirements.
We put this on everything from salads, eggs, meats, vegetables
- 185ml of strained sauerkraut brine (at least 3 into fermentation- oh and don’t worry too much if a few bits of cabbage end up in the brine)
- 80 grams of mustard seeds (brown are hotter than yellow so keep that in mind)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp. of Maple Syrup
- And if you can tolerate them;
- 1 French shallot finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic finely diced
- Pop the seeds, brine, salt and if using shallot and garlic in a bowl.
- Cover the top with a plate and leave at room temperature over night
- Add Maple Syrup and Turmeric to mix and whizz in a food processor until it is the right consistency for you- the more you pulse the less whole seeds you will have.
- Taste and add salt if needed to season
- Pour into at least a 250ml jar and secure lid
- Refrigerate for up to 3 months
Dressings- try these on your meals. In a small jar mix
- mustard with some olive or macadamia oil, shake and pour over salad, vegetables, meat or even on some sourdough.
- Use above and add ¼ mashed avocado, shake and pour
- Add an extra ‘zing’ by adding 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar or balsamic to the mix, shake and pour.
Serve a dollop on a steak, with some prawns.