I know you’re thinking, potato, pastry, flour, eggs, milk right?!
Winter is here, it’s cold, the family is hungry and miserable, it’s comfort food weather so I think that I should adhere to mum protocol and feed the masses, create leftovers, keep the troupe happy!
This does call for some time, but it’s worth it. We were still eating it on the weekend and there is still half frozen now for a go to meal.
Chicken Korma PieGluten free, dairy free, can be nut free, paleo, egg free
PREPARATION TIME TOTAL TIME 20-30 MINUTES 1-2 HOURS
1 cup sunflower seeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
pinch of salt
2 tbsp chia seed egg mix
1 medium zucchini
¼ Cup Nutritional yeast flakes
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 carrot- chopped
1 head of broccoli chopped
1 cup of rustic mushrooms
1 cup spinach
1 daikon sliced
¼ cup coconut cream
Spice mix for filling
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
½ tsp cardamom
½ tsp coriander
¼ tsp clove
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ginger
¼ cup cashews (omit for nut free and replace with toasted sunflower seeds)
400ml bone broth or chicken stock
3 medium sweet potatoes
1 Tbsp. coconut oil or Ghee
½ head cauliflower
1 tbsp. Coconut oil or Ghee
6 Brussel sprouts
Pre heat oven to 180c
2. Add zucchini, chia and nutritional yeast.
3. Grease a pie dish and line with baking paper
4. Press mix into pie dish and bake for 40 minutes
1. In a pan on a medium heat, toast spice mix until aromatic
2. Add coconut oil and heat
3. Add Chicken and brown
4. Add vegetables and sauté in spice mix
5. Add broth and bring to boil
6. Turn heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes reducing stock and creating a gravy like consistency
7. Add Coconut Cream and mix through, turn off heat and set aside
1. Roast Sweet Potato, Cauliflower and Brussel Sprouts until soft in 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil or Ghee (I popped them in the oven with the pie base.
2. Separate three and hand blend sweet potato and cauliflower in separate bowls
3. Roughly chop brussel sprouts
By now the pie base will be done.
1. Place pie filling in pie base, top with sweet potato then cauliflower and scatter brussel sprouts.
2. Pop in oven to heat through for approx. 10 minutes