The other night we made Grain free Prawn Bibimbap (want the recipe? Let me know) for dinner and I’ll tell you it was awesome. Check the Instagram pics of the asian fusion we had.
Anyway I had leftovers (YES I KNOW) so I combined the cauliflower rice with some other vegetables I had in the fridge added a few prawns and bacon and ended up with a great veggie packed fried rice alternative to have with a protein for lunch and dinner.
My recipe calls for spiralized vegetables, I cannot recommend the ‘Spirooli’ enough as it makes meal prep, grainfree living and the kids excited about vegetables. If you’re after one thing in your kitchen you need to seriously consider one of these
Head of cauliflower
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 tsp salt
1. Cut Cauliflower up and place in food processor and pulse until it resembles a fine crumb (like rice)
2. Heat Coconut Oil in Pan and pour in cauliflower
3. add salt and fry for 5 minutes.
Use this as an alternative to rice in any dish
Knob of fresh ginger
Knob of fresh Turmeric
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil or Ghee
salt and pepper to season
2 Tbsp water or miso liquid or bone broth
1 Zucchini Spirialized
1 Daikon Spiralized
1 Broccoli (florets cut and the stalk Spiralized)
1 Bok Choy Shredded
Bunch of Silverbeet shredded
1 cup Baby Spinach Leaves
1 Carrot Spiralized
3 Rash of Bacon diced
1 Cup of chopped Prawns (cooked)
1 Cup Bean Shoots (blanched)
1. Spiralize all vegetables as noted above (alternatively you can cut into julienne slices)
2. Add Spiralized vegetables to food processor and pulse in short bursts until they break up into ‘rice’
3. Heat Oil or Ghee in pan and fry off ginger and turmeric
4. Add bacon and fry for a few minutes
5. Add Broccoli Florets and fry
6. Add Spiralized vegetable mix and fry tossing all veggies around
7. Add the leafy vegetables last followed by the cooked prawns
8. Add Cauliflower rice and bean shoots and toss to combine and mix.
9. Turn off heat and pop lid on the leave for 5-10 minutes.
10. Season with salt and pepper
We made Fried Rice Omlettes for dinner as something different by adding a few spoonfuls to some beaten eggs and cooking.