Sick of Sweet Potatoes? It’s hard not to delve into sweet potatoes at every meal and nutritionists and pt’s around the world say eat a potato a day as you are not eating enough carbs. To be honest sometimes I look at a sweet potato and want to throw it at the wall. Sometimes I want an easier option than peeling an oddly shaped hard to cut vegetable. I love zucchini, I eat it everyday and don’t get sick of it (yet) my daughter loves zoodles but misses fries so to whip these up in 20 minutes, I’m a pretty cool mum.
Here’s some alternatives to the traditional fries that we all love; zucchini, eggplant, daikon, capsicum, sweet potato, turnip, pumpkin (harder varieties). Cut in fries, rounds, shapes of all kinds!!
Preheat oven to 190c
1. Place lined tray with oil or ghee in oven to preheat
2. Slice Zucchini into long fries or wedges (thickness totally up to you but keep them consistent for cooking)
3. In seperate bowls mix eggs and then dry ingredients
4. Dip zucchini into egg mixture then into dry and coat.
5. Bake for 15 minutes before turning and repeating on other side
Serve with cultured mayonnaise, homemade sauce or guacamole.
Perfect side for any dinner. The kids will think they are chippies and for school lunches they are divine!