Just made the best tasting ‘nola’ (aka granola, cereal, muesli….whatever you call it) so I have to share my triumphs.
It tastes just like coco pops but it’s good for you!!! My cherub is impressed with her chocolate for breakfast.
1/4 Cup Almonds
1/4 Cup Cashews
1/4 Cup Walnuts
1/4 Cup Macadamia Nuts
1/4 Cup Sunflower seeds
1/4 Cup Pepitas
1/4 Cup Goji Berries
1 Tbsp Chia seeds
1 Tbsp Cinnamon Powder
1 Tbsp Mesquite Powder
2 Tbsp Cacao Powder
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1-2 Tbsp Maple Syrup (optional)
Step two Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Coconut Flakes
1 Cup Sprouted Buckwheat (Buckinis)
1. On an oven tray combine all the nuts and seeds
2. Add powders, oil and maple
4. Pop in an oven at 200c
5. After 5 minutes mix on the tray(you don’t want to burn the powders and get it stuck)
6. Add Buckwheat and coconut. Leave oven door open (this is to make sure the coconut doesn’t burn)
7. You will smell an aroma of chocolate and coconut, this is when it’s done (about another 5 minutes)
8. Open oven door fully, pull tray out of doorway, leave tray on rack and leave to cool.
9. Once cool, grab a pestle or a measuring cup and squash all the nuts until crushed to your liking.
10. Put in jar
Serve with Coconut milk or nut milk, berries and banana.
Enjoy in moderation. For us a small portion is substantial as it’s packed with fats, protein and carbs.
Over indulgence may lead to belly ache ha ha